UK - 2023 Introduction

This year, I'm off walking in and near the Cotswolds of southwest England. 

A high school friend, Carl Peterson, is joining me for the first walk from Kemble to Oxford following the Thames Path West walking trail. We will begin at the headwaters of the Thames river, and walk east to Oxford.

Foreign travel is new for Carl, so we agreed to take a few days to explore London first. What better way to get the jet lag behind us before we begin the inn to inn walking? Besides, if we are in London, then let's take the time to see the major attractions, learn about public transportation, learn about English pounds (£), and sample pub fare.

After exploring Oxford, Carl will return to the states. I will head back to Painswick which is a small town about half way down the Cotswold Way walking trail. I will walk solo over the next 7 days. My husband, Steve, will join me when I reach Bath.  We will explore Bath, Bristol and Cardiff together before we head home.

The entire trip, London thru Cardiff, will span April 27 through May 24.

I'm walking with Macs Adventure again. This company coordinates walks all over the world, arranging accommodations, luggage transfers from inn to inn, and transferring walkers when necessary. These two walks will be my sixth and seventh adventures with Macs. Last year's walk in Puglia, Italy was also with Macs Adventure.

Comments

  1. We are looking forward to reading about this year’s walking adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait for updates. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a exciting adventure! We are so proud of you, expanding your horizons and inspiring others. I cannot even walk to the mailbox and you're off across an island!! Be careful, be safe, and come home to us with wonderful memories. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Painswick was the first English village we visited with my cousin, who lives in Gloucester. I hope the weather cooperates for you -- the views are amazing! Happy walking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

May 23 - 24 Homeward Bound

Day 2 of 8 Thames Path West - Kemble to Ashton Keynes

May 18-20 Bristol